Webpage created: May 27, 2018
Webpage updated: June 02, 2018
SAINT GERMANS STATION
Saint Germans Station, at 256 miles 37 chains mile post mileage from London Paddington Station via Bristol Temple Meads Station and Plymouth Station (Millbay), was opened by the Cornwall Railway Company on May 4th 1859, when the main line from Plymouth Station (Millbay) to Truro Station was opened.
Saint Germans Station looking west.
According to the "The Official Hand-book of Station 1956" Saint Germans Station dealt with goods traffic, passengers, parcels, miscellaneous traffic, furniture vans, carriages, motor cars, portable engines and machines on wheels, live stock, horse boxes, prize cattle vans, and carriages and motor cars by passenger or parcels trains. It was equipped with a crane capable of lifting 2 tons.
The Station was closed to goods traffic by British Railways on and as from July 19th 1965.
On and as from May 6th 1973 the Saint Germans Signal Box was closed and replaced by the Saint Germans Panel, sited in side the Station buildings. The Panel was closed on and as from April 25th 1998.
Saint Germans Station is still open to a much reduced passenger traffic.