OLD DEVONPORT . UK
Plus parts of East Cornwall and West Devon
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: May 28, 2018
Webpage updated: May 28, 2018

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

RAILWAYS IN OLD DEVONPORT  |  CORNWALL RAILWAY COMPANY
MAIN LINE, PLYMOUTH STATION (MILLBAY) TO LISKEARD STATION

SAINT GERMANS SIGNAL BOX

Saint Germans Signal Box, at 256 miles 23 chains mile post mileage from London Paddington Station via Bristol Temple Meads Station and Plymouth Station (Millbay), was opened by the the Great Western Railway Company in 1892.  It measured 25 feet 1 inch by 12 feet and contained a 25-lever frame, which was extended to 30-levers in 1908.

The Box was closed on and as from May 6th 1973, when the new Saint Germans Panel was brought in to operation within the Station buildings.