OLD DEVONPORT . UK
Plus parts of East Cornwall and West Devon
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: March 26, 2019
Webpage updated: March 26, 2019

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

CALLINGTON BRANCH  |  BRANCH LINE, BERE ALSTON STATION TO CALLINGTON STATION

CALLINGTON "A" GROUND FRAME

The Callington "A" Ground Frame, a small wooden hut at ground level, was opened on February 5th 1928 to accommodate extra sidings in the goods yard.  It initially had four levers but these were reduced to three in 1946.

Signals and points at Callington Station were controlled by Callington "B" Ground Frame at the end of the platform.

Callington "A" Ground Frame was taken out of use on November 7th 1966.