OLD DEVONPORT . UK
Plus parts of East Cornwall and West Devon
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: March 26, 2019
Webpage updated: March 26, 2019

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

CALLINGTON BRANCH  |  BRANCH LINE, BERE ALSTON STATION TO CALLINGTON STATION

CALLINGTON "B" GROUND FRAME

The Callington "B" Ground Frame, a small wooden hut, was opened on March 2nd 1908 and was the principle signalling facility for Callington Station, although the Block Instruments were in the Booking Office for the convenience of the staff.  It had five levers.

Apparently the Frame was moved one chain nearer to Gunnislake in 1928,presumably at the same time as Callington "A" Ground Frame was installed.

Callington "B" Ground Frame was taken out of use on November 7th 1966.