Webpage created: May 06, 2018
Webpage updated: March 22, 2020
LUCKETT STATION (STOKE CLIMSLAND STATION)
Originally opened by the East Cornwall Mineral Railway as Monks Corner Depot, it was renamed Stoke Climsland Station when the Bere Alston and Calstock Railway took over on March 2nd 1908. The Station Master lived in the adjacent Station House.
Stoke Climsland Station was renamed Luckett Station on and as from November 1st 1909. It boasted a carriage shed until March 31st 1923, when it was removed.
A loop siding giving access to a loading dock was provided on the Up side of the track. There was a small wooden Ground Frame at the Callington end of the Station, by the road overbridge.
In 1914,under the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway Company, the Station Master at Luckett Station was 18-years-old Mr Leonard Maker.
According to the "The Official Hand Book of Stations, etc., 1929" Luckett Station dealt with goods and passenger and parcels traffic, live stock and horse boxes and prize cattle vans. It was not equipped with a crane. It was listed as responsible for Clitter's Siding, Greenhill Siding, Hingston Down Siding, and Whiterocks Siding. This was still the case when the 1956 edition of the Hand Book was published.
Mr A E Lazenbury, Station Master at Callington Station, was also responsible for Luckett Station in June 1948.
The Station was closed to goods traffic on or as from September 10th 1962 and the loop siding and Ground Frame were removed on September 23rd 1962.
Surprisingly the Station was staffed until March 7th 1966.
Luckett Station was closed to passenger traffic on or as from November 7th 1966.