Webpage created: May 05, 2018
Webpage updated: May 03, 2019
BERE FERRERS SIGNAL BOX
Beer Ferris Signal Box, as it was then known, was opened at 222 miles 70 chains mile post mileage from London Waterloo Station, on May 12th 1890.
Along with the Station, it was renamed Bere Ferrers on or as from November 18th 1897.
The Box was at platform level and had 17 levers.
In 1957 Bere Ferrers Signal Box, which was 2 miles 1,467 yards from Bere Alston Signal Box, was open on Mondays to Fridays between 7am and 9.50an, 11.33am and 12.30pm, 2.05pm to 3.30pm, and 4.20pm to 6.20pm; and on Saturdays between 7.50am until 9.50am, 1.35pm to 3.30pm, and 5pm until 6.20pm. The Box was provided with a closing switch and was not open on Sundays when the section was from Bere Alston Signal Box to Devonport King's Road Signal Box.
Bere Ferrers Signal Box was closed on or as from October 27th 1968.