Webpage created: March 13, 2016.
Webpage updated: March 13, 2016
WHITEFIELD CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL
It was found that the Princes Street Congregational Chapel was poorly sited for the growing population of Morice Town and Keyham. It was closed in 1932 and replaced the following year by the Whitefield Congregational Chapel in Saint Levan Road.
When both the Whitefield and the Wycliffe Chapels
were destroyed during the Second
World War, it was decided to replace them with one new chapel in Saint
Levan Road. A temporary Nissen hut was opened in 1950 and this was later
transformed into the Pilgrim