OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: December 23, 2019
Webpage updated: December 23, 2019

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

DEVONPORT LOCAL EDUCATION AUTHORITY  /  EDUCATION IN OLD DEVONPORT

WESTON MILL TEMPORARY INFANTS' SCHOOL

When the work of constructing the North Yard Extension of the Royal Dockyard was completed, Sir John Jackson's land agent, Mr Hughes, offered Devonport Local Education Authority the use of the temporary school buildings that had been erected for the children of his workers.  They agreed to continue the School for the benefit of the children on the Weston Mill Estate and arranged for the agreement of the Board of Education and a visit by Mr Routh, the local HM Inspector of Schools.

From 1906 this continued as the Weston Mill Temporary Infants' School.

The exact location of the School is not known but it is thought that it may have been at the eastern end of Bridwell Road.