Webpage created: February 04, 2016.
Webpage updated: February 15, 2016
ANGLICAN CHURCH OF SAINT ANNE, MOTHER OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
The tiny wooden Anglican Church of Saint Anne, Mother of the Blessed Virgin Mary, was located in Foliot Road, North Prospect, Devonport. It no longer exists.
In July 1929 a notice board, surmounted by a cross, was erected at the site of the proposed Church of Saint Anne and an open-air service was conducted by the Church of England Missionary Society in front of the board on Sunday July 14th 1929, after the consecration of the Anglican Church of Saint Thomas the Apostle at Keyham. 
The wooden building was erected in 1930 as a mission church for Saint Mark's Church, Ford.
Before the Second World War it was intended to replace the Church with a permanent building and a vicarage but that never happened. Instead, a new Church was opened at the western end of Ham Drive and took the name of Saint James the Less in remembrance of the original Church of that name in Keyham Road that was destroyed during the Plymouth Blitz.