Webpage created: September 12, 2018
Webpage updated: September 12, 2018
The building at Mount Wise, Devonport, that is today known as Hamoaze House was formerly known as Admiralty House. It was built in 1795 for the Duke of Richmond and became the residence of the Port Admiral and later the Commanders-in Chief of Plymouth Command.
In 1935 it became the residence of the commanding officer of the Royal Marines at Plymouth and was renamed Hamoaze House.
During 1993 the Grade
II Listed Building was taken over by the newly created Plymouth Development
Corporation and in 1998 it was sold to a charitable trust as part of a