OLD DEVONPORT . UK
www.olddevonport.uk
 

  Brian Moseley, Plymouth
Webpage created: June 10, 2018
Webpage updated: June 10, 2018

To go to the Home Page          To go to the A-Z Contents Page

ROADS AND STREETS IN OLD DEVONPORT

TUDOR TERRACE

Tudor Terrace was the name given to the Trelawny Hotel and the four buildings to the north of it, separated from it by Trelawny Avenue.

In 1914 number 2 housed the Plymouth Co-operative Society store,  managed by Mr A Hammett; number 3 was Mr F A Currin's Sub-Post Office; and in number 5 lived Mr J T Northcott, baker.  Number 4 was the private residence of Mr F A Price.

It should be mentioned that the road from the Trelawny Hotel up the hill towards Millbrook Cottages and the adjoining Saint Budeaux Weslayan Methodist Chapel had been constructed by 1892 to replace the bottom part of Blunts Lane but it was not at that time named Victoria Road.