Webpage created: May 15, 2018
Webpage updated: May 15, 2018
TAVISTOCK NORTH SIGNAL BOX
Tavistock Signal Box at 213 miles 48 chains mile post mileage from London Waterloo Station was constructed by the Plymouth, Devonport and South Western Junction Railway Company and opened for traffic on May 12th 1890. It then had a London and South Western Railway Company 20 lever frame.
It was extended by one lever in 1922.
On September 26th 1949 British Railways renamed the Station and Signal Box as Tavistock North to avoid confusion with Tavistock South Station on the former Great Western Railway Company's Launceston Branch, the other side of Town.
Tavistock North Signal Box was closed on or as from May 6th 1968, when the line between Okehampton Station and Devonport Junction Signal Box was closed.
|With acknowledgment to the work of the Signalling Record Society.|