Webpage created: February 22, 2016.
Webpage updated: March 16, 2016
"THE PLYMOUTH AND DOCK TELEGRAPH AND PLYMOUTH CHRONICLE"
"The Plymouth and Dock Telegraph", which had been founded in Plymouth-Dock in 1808, was renamed "The Plymouth and Dock Telegraph and Plymouth Chronicle" in 1816 following the failure of "The Plymouth Chronicle and General Advertiser for the West of England".
It appears that from around 1819 Mr Condon continued to publish and print the newspaper by himself as in 1823 Messrs Nettleton and Company were issuing "The Plymouth and Plymouth-Dock Weekly Journal" from Plymouth completely separately from Mr Congdon at Plymouth-Dock.
When Plymouth-Dock became Devonport on January 1st 1824
it is believed that Mr Congdon improperly changed the paper's title
"The Royal Devonport Telegraph and