Webpage created: February 20, 2016.
Webpage updated: February 20, 2016
The Moravian Chapel was located between numbers 29 and 30 James Street, right opposite the Anglican Church of Saint Mary.
Opened on May 19th 1771, it was rebuilt in 1844 and sat around 200 people. On November 17th 1917 the Chapel, along with the Minister's house, were offered for sale.
It continued in religious use, at first for the Loyal Orange Institution of England (the Orange Free Church) and later by the Apostolic Church until c1953. The property was demolished around 1960.