Webpage created: August 30, 2018
Webpage updated: September 06, 2018
EBENEZER BIBLE CHRISTIAN CHAPEL
It was allegedly opened in 1845.
The Chapel became the King Street United Methodist Chapel.
On the evening of Sunday August 30th 1936 the final service took place and the King Street Methodist Chapel was closed. The Minister, the Reverend W E C Harris, preached the morning service but the final one in the evening was held by Miss M E Honeywill, one of the senior members of the congregation.
It was recalled at the time how the gallery used to be filled with young men on Sunday evenings but their numbers fell off during the Great War and never recovered. The gallery was the first part of the Chapel to be closed. The Sunday schools were still supported and would be continuing.