Webpage created: April 13,, 2016.
Webpage updated: April 13, 2016
The Devonport Bank was established in 1807, presumably as the Plymouth-Dock or Dock Bank as the town did not get the name of Devonport until 1824. The partnership in 1830 was Messrs William Hodge and John Norman.
Its premises were at number 73 Fore Street and it also had a branch at 19 Princess Square in Plymouth.
In 1889 the Bank was taken over by Messrs Bolitho, Williams, Foster, Grylls and Company Ltd, after which it also opened a branch at the Central Exchange in Whimple Street, Plymouth.
It subsequently became
a branch of Messrs Barclay and Company Ltd.