Webpage created: May 14, 2020
Webpage updated: May 14, 2020
CAPITAL AND COUNTIES BANKING COMPANY
The Capital and Counties Banking Company, which had been founded in 1834, opened a new branch at 103 Fore Street, Devonport, in 1891.
Their premises were designed by Mr H G Luff, of Devonport, and constructed by Messrs T Jenkins and Son, of Marlborough Street, Devonport, at a cost of £554.
After thirty years of taking over other banks, the Capital and Counties Banking Company was itself taken over by Lloyd's Bank early in 1918.