Webpage created: February 14, 2016.
Webpage updated: February 14, 2016
ALBERT ROAD UNITED METHODIST FREE CHAPEL
The Albert Road United Methodist Free Chapel stood on the south side of Albert Road at the junction with Charlotte Street.
It had been built in 1817, when Albert Road was known as Navy Row, specifically for the Reverend Francis Thoresby and was then known as the Salem Chapel. It was acquired by the United Methodist Free Church in 1866.
There was a Sunday School attached to the Chapel.
The premises were destroyed during the Second World War and the war damage compensation used to fund the construction of Ernesettle Methodist Chapel, which was opened in February 1955.